Playing fair...why it still holds water

Posted on 9:27 AM by Benji | 0 comments

One of the things I enjoy about the weekend is playing airsoft. Earlier I spent the day exchanging fire using plastic bullets. I also spent the better part of the day getting hit rather than getting some under my belt. When that happens I ask myself what went wrong and how I could've prevented such a mistake.

During one of the briefings prior to each scenario, the marshal would remind us of calling ourselves "out" whenever we get hit or even suspect we got hit. It's a basic rule in the hobby: when you get hit call it. One thing I can never understand is why some don't call their hits and continue to play. Yes it can hurt but it's not a real kill and the only thing that can hurt is your ego.

I am writing this because we tend to forget that this is the best way of improving. When you make a mistake it's a very effective way of learning. Knowing where the shot came from and what you did to make yourself a target makes you think of what you did and what you shouldn't have done. In the end, everyone one wins. You improve and you up the ante in the level of the game.

Let's put it this way: at the end of the day, I can assure you that you will be sharing more laughs and insights about what happened. You make  friends instead of enemies and you are left with a feeling of anticipation for the next chance to play to apply what you have learned.

Masks down my friends, lets all have fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...