Jing Gong G3 RAS Long Term Review Part II

Posted on 12:23 AM by Benji | 0 comments

 Photobucket

Prior to opening the gearbox since it was new then, I decided to give it a paintjob since a plain black AEG made it appear too bland. After a couple of weeks of research looking at different patterns both from real steel and airsoft, I decided on laying a OD green base with black stripes running across the gun. My goal was to create a pattern that one would make if the gun was painted in the field. After taping off parts that need not be painted, I laid about two to three layers of Camo Green, with a 60-second drying time between coats.

For those who want to try this, do it in the daytime around noon when the sun is hottest. I made the mistake of starting at night (I missed several games due to rain and I was bored and didn't want to wait for daylight).

Photobucket

During the painting, I stood the gun on its butt for the initial layer. When I applied the stripes, the gun was on its side. I used Bosny Camo Green and flat black as they were the most affordable at that time. I would've used Krylon, but they were hard to find in my area. You can also use Tamiya paints, which according to many is the best, but they come in a much smaller can.


Photobucket

Here is what it looks like after about 24 hours. Overall, I'm happy with the finish. It's simple, with no elaborate lines or shapes. Of course, it all comes down to whether it works in the field or not. The sling by the way came from my M4 as I did not purchase one for this gun yet. On Part Three, I will go over the internals to give you an idea how it has performed and what has been uprgraded since the time I bought it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...