Bosch relay wiring update

Posted on 10:00 PM by Benji | 0 comments

After reading more articles and doing some trial and error, I realized my last diagram was sorely wrong. In the interest of keeping the number of wires to the minimum, I ignored some fundamentals when it comes to wiring an electric motor using a battery as the power source.



Photobucket

The image above shows how pin 87 is wired to the trigger assembly. With the help of sir Alencore, I learned that this will not work. When I tested this, the arm connected to pin 30 would swing to pin 87 after the battery is plugged but nothing more. This means that the relay is working, but no electrical current will flow to the motor when the trigger is pulled.

Photobucket
In this diagram, I drew the original layout I used for reference. The second diagram shows the negative wires connected to the trigger assembly this time. At first I thought this was not possible. Checking some automotive websites that have posts and threads on Bosch relays say otherwise and the result is a very clean and organized wiring set up. I haven't tried this yet and will post updates when time allows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...